Jan 25, 2009

Bummer: Pig Sex Orgy Party to celebrate the inauguration cancelled

If one decides to publicly advertise an event, are they entitled to a certain level of privacy? Take a trip with me to last week. Apparently during the Inauguration of President Barack Obama, the Mid Atlantic Leather conference was conveneing simultaneously.

One attendee of either or both events, official or not, decided that he would be like everyone else and capitalize on Change cummin' to Washington (pun intended) by having an Obama Pig Sex Orgy Party. Apparently some conservative group which despises gay people got wind of the event and contacted the hotel that was supposed to host the event.

Long story short, the event was cancelled. Folks were pissed, namely the party organizer, citing rights to privacy and sexual freedom. For me, this is where I kinda disagree with the gay rights movement. Marketing equality for all would probably be a little easier if gays weren't so willing to reduce their collective identity to sex. Yes, I know that heterosexual sex clubs and parties exist, but they are the controlling majority. They can make the rules such that they only apply to the minority. The bigger issue for me though is the perception that everything in the gay community boils down to an erection and injection.


Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting my groove on, but if I were going to attend a sex party at a hotel or other private, but really public venue, I'd be preoccupied with the thought of being arrested. Sorry, I just don't get it.


Source

3 comments:

Curious said...

I have to wonder if the party was going to be held in someone's room like when they used to do the Blatino parties or was it going to be in a Ballroom, and no pun intended.

If it was a private room then surely with the amount of people entering and leaving the room and disturbing guests on either side of them, the hotel would have the right to shut it down even before it started. Plus if money is being accepted for entrance then the hotel might also be accused of running some sort of bordello which I'm sure they would not want to be associated with.

And now that I think of it, even if it was in the ballroom, then the bordello argument would still apply there. Unless of course they allow the same thing for straight sex parties and then that's discrimination, and that ain't right.

Unknown said...

me neither...just a case of how we are SO into sex and only see each other as objects that can bring pleasure...MAJOR fail and I a glad they got canceled

brotherkomrade said...

I will be adding your blog to my blogroll.